MINT CANNABIS TO OPEN NEW WEST VALLEY DISPENSARY
JUST AHEAD OF “THE BIG GAME” IN GLENDALE
Just minutes from State Farm Stadium, the Mint will hold a media preview event at its new dispensary this Friday, Feb. 3, with six-time Olympic champion swimmer Amy Van Dyken-Rouen
– The dispensary’s official grand opening celebration for the public will take place at noon on Friday, Feb. 17, with former NFL champion quarterback Jim McMahon –
WHAT: Just in time for “The Big Game” in Glendale, Mint Cannabis will open a new West Valley dispensary just minutes from State Farm Stadium. Near the I-10 and 75th Avenue intersection in west Phoenix, the new dispensary will be the Mint’s fifth in the state and will serve adults ages 21 and older.
The Mint is offering local media an opportunity to get a sneak peek of its new dispensary (1211 N. 75th Ave.) during a special media preview event at noon this Friday, Feb. 3, where they will have the opportunity to tour the new location with the Mint’s Co-Founders and meet six-time Olympic champion swimmer and medical marijuana patient and advocate Amy Van Dyken-Rouen.
Van Dyken-Rouen was paralyzed in an ATV accident in 2014 and relies on medical marijuana to manage lingering pain. Van Dyken-Rouen will share her inspiring story of recovery and perseverance as part of the media preview event.
Two weeks later, at noon on Friday, Feb. 17, the Mint will hold a grand opening celebration of its newest dispensary for the public with former NFL champion quarterback Jim McMahon, who led the Chicago Bears to a “Big Game” victory in 1985, and who at one time played for the Philadelphia Eagles.
McMahon uses cannabis to treat the chronic pain and arthritis that he suffers from his football career. He calls cannabis a “Godsend” that allowed him to eliminate his painkiller habit, which used to include 100 Percocet pills a month. He co-founded a cannabis company called Revenant in July 2021 with two other retired NFL players – Kyle Turley and Eben Britton. The company’s mission is to provide an alternative, natural way of healing without using industrialized pharmaceuticals.
During the grand opening event on Feb. 17, the Mint will distribute free medicated swag bags to the first 100 customers (ages 21+) at noon. The cannabis operator will also offer free tacos in the parking lot of its newest location on this day, from noon to 8 p.m.
To further celebrate the new dispensary location, the Mint will donate $1 from each pre-roll sold at its newest dispensary on Friday, Feb. 3; Friday, Feb. 10; and Friday, Feb. 17 to the 100 Club of Arizona.
This is the first time that the state of Arizona has hosted the “Big Game” with legalized marijuana in effect, which has many cannabis industry experts predicting large sales increases leading up to the major event.
This new dispensary will be open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week.
WHEN: Friday, Feb. 3, at noon (MEDIA DAY)
- Get a sneak peek of the Mint’s newest dispensary in the West Valley.
- Tour the dispensary with Mint Co-Founders.
- Meet six-time Olympic champion swimmer and cannabis patient/advocate Amy Van Dyken-Rouen.
- To RSVP for the media preview event, contact Angela Menninger at (602) 373-8212 (m) or AngelaM@dualitypr.com.
Monday, Feb. 6 – Thursday, Feb. 16 (MEDIA TOURS)
· Schedule your own tour of the dispensary with a Mint Co-Founder.
· Arrange for an on-site interview at the new dispensary.
· To schedule a tour of the new dispensary and/or an on-site interview, contact Angela Menninger at (602) 373-8212 (m) or AngelaM@dualitypr.com.
Sunday, Feb. 12 (THE BIG GAME)
· The Kansas City Chiefs play the Philadelphia Eagles at State Farm Stadium in Glendale.
- This is the first time that the state of Arizona has hosted the “Big Game” with legalized marijuana in effect, which has many cannabis industry experts predicting large sales increases leading up to the major event.
- The Mint’s newest dispensary is located just minutes from State Farm Stadium; it will be open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily.
Friday, Feb. 17, at noon (GRAND OPENING)
· The Mint celebrates the grand opening of its new dispensary with the public.
· Meet former NFL champion quarterback Jim McMahon, who led the Chicago Bears to a “Big Game” victory in 1985 and played for the Philadelphia Eagles at one point in his career.
· Learn about McMahon’s cannabis company, Revenant, which debuted exclusively in Arizona at Mint dispensaries.
· Free medicated swag bags to the first 100 customers (ages 21+), starting at noon.
· Free uninfused tacos in the parking lot from noon to 8 p.m.
WHERE: Mint Cannabis’ newest Arizona dispensary
1211 N. 75th Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85043
southeast of I-10 and 75th Avenue
minutes from State Farm Stadium
WHY: “We’re anticipating heavy traffic into this new location because the area is so underserved as far as dispensaries go,” said Shahara. “This new dispensary is only a 5-to-10-minute drive from State Farm Stadium, so we anticipate it will be a popular place as we count down the days to the Big Game on Feb. 12 in Glendale.”
“Countless West Valley customers drive across the Valley to our East Valley dispensaries,” said Shahara. “Now, they will be able to access our great selection of products closer to home.”
“With the opening of our first West Valley dispensary, we’re continuing our pattern of smart, steady growth in Arizona,” said Eivan Shahara, Co-Founder and CEO of Mint Cannabis. “This growth means that we are able to leverage our innovative approach to serve more patients and customers, create additional employment opportunities for Valley workers, and invest in the communities we serve.”
VISUALS: For a link to access and download visuals of the newest Mint dispensary in Arizona, visit: http://bit.ly/3HCjlmU
WHO: Mint Cannabis continues to expand its presence across the country with state-of-the-art facilities. With a reputation for providing a wide variety of high-quality products and personalized service, the Mint offers the most diverse selection of flower/buds, edibles, and concentrates. The Mint’s flagship location in Guadalupe/Tempe, Ariz. – which introduced the nation’s first cannabis kitchen of its kind in 2018; added a large on-site grow in 2019; and implemented an on-site drive-thru in 2020 – was named “Most Innovative” by the international Commercial Cannabis Awards. With more than 262 employees at its Tempe, Phoenix and Mesa locations, the Mint is poised to open an additional dispensary in Phoenix by the end of this year, in addition to new cultivation and dispensary locations in Nevada, Missouri, Massachusetts and Illinois. For more information, visit themintcannabis.com.