WITH FREE FESTIVAL ON SUNDAY, NOV. 12 IN NORTH PHOENIX
WHAT: To commemorate the Día de los Muertos tradition, which originated in Mexico and is traditionally celebrated on Nov. 1 and 2, Mint Cannabisis teaming up with event and entertainment promoter Lucha Voz and Catri – a local cannabis edibles company that makes THC-infused gummies in nostalgic, Latin-American flavors – to host the third-annual Día de los Muertos parking lot festival on Sunday, Nov. 12 in north Phoenix.
The free one-day festival, hosted in the northwest parking lot at Cave Creek Road and Bell Road in north Phoenix, will offer a lot of interactive entertainment and visuals, including:
- Ballet Folklórico and Aztec dancers (to pay homage to our ancestors, dancing is the happiness and the gifts that we share; we dance to bring their spirits back, to honor their lives, and to celebrate those who have passed on);
- Fire Eaters (be amazed by daring fire eaters who will leave you spellbound with their fiery feats);
- Art Installations (that pay homage to the spirit of Dia de los Muertos);
- Free Face Painting (with a Dia de los Muertos theme);
- A Day of the Dead Altar Competition (witness a stunning display of altars adorned with marigolds, photographs, and offerings that honor departed loved ones);
- A Catrina Competition (be captivated by the elegance and beauty of participants dressed as Catrinas, iconic symbols of Dia de Los Muertos);
- Delicious Food (indulge in a delectable array of traditional Mexican cuisine that will tantalize your tastebuds);
- A Car Show (featuring an impressive display of classic and custom cars);
- Lucha Libre Wrestling (watch wrestling legends take to the ring for an electrifying showdown with Penta Zero Miedo, Black Taurus, Hammerstone, Dios del Inframundo (Former Drago), Sayrus, D’Luxe, Mazzeratti, Rachelle, Gino Rivera, Aguila Azteca and more.)
- Live Music; and more.
WHEN: Sunday, Nov. 12, 2023, at 4-9 p.m.
WHERE: Mint Cannabis dispensary
17036 N. Cave Creek Rd, Phoenix, AZ 85032
(Northwest parking lot of Cave Creek Road and Bell Road)
WHY: Día de los Muertos, also known as the “Day of the Dead” is a holiday celebrated by family and friends who gather together to pray for and remember friends and family members who have passed on.
WHO: Mint Cannabis continues to expand its presence across the country with state-of-the-art facilities. With a reputation for providing a wide variety of high-quality products and personalized service, the Mint offers the most diverse selection of flower/buds, edibles, and concentrates. The Mint’s flagship location in Tempe, Ariz. – which introduced the nation’s first cannabis kitchen of its kind in 2018; added a large on-site grow in 2019; and implemented an on-site drive-thru in 2020 – was named “Most Innovative” by the international Commercial Cannabis Awards. With more than 262 employees at its Tempe, Phoenix and Mesa locations, the Mint is poised to open an additional dispensary in Phoenix by the end of this year, in addition to new cultivation and dispensary locations in Nevada, Missouri, Massachusetts and Illinois. For more information, visit MintDeals.com.
MORE: For more information about the event, visit: